At your first appointment we will carry out a comprehensive oral examination.
We ask that you please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment time so that the receptionist is able to record your personal details and medical status on our system.
If you have a cold sore at the time of your appointment, please read the following information before attending: Should you visit the dentist with a cold sore?
The dentist will bring you through to the surgery and your appointment will progress as follows:
- The dentist will listen carefully to you regarding any wishes you have, or problems that need addressing with your mouth. Our dentists are very experienced in all aspects of dentistry and most treatment needs can be catered for within our Practice.
- The dentist will then examine your mouth and take any necessary radiographs.
- The dentist will thoroughly examine your teeth and gums but also carry out an oral cancer check.
- Treatment needs will be discussed and options given, often using our clinical cameras to help explain things to you.
- Occasionally if your treatment is complex a second appointment may be necessary for the dentist to formulate a plan.
- Once treatment options have been agreed a fully costed plan will be printed off for you to keep.
- Please allow one hour for the whole process.
Call us to make your appointment – we look forward to meeting you.